From the idyllic Harz on Caribbean beaches in Sweden to the colorful Morocco went this year my travels. Twelve times I was traveling: whether with a friend and dog, a girlfriend or alone. I show you my best travel photos 2019 and take part in the photo parade of Michael (explore the world).
Travel 2019: Germany, Europe Africa
Here are my destinations this year:
- Lisbon and Sintra , perfect holiday destinations even in winter
- Kołobrzeg at the Polish Baltic Sea - great for a holiday with a dog by the sea
- London by train , by the way also great at Christmas time
- Amsterdam with the biggest flea market in Europe
- Rome - great for vegetarians and vegans
- Colmar in Alsace, France
- Sweden holiday with white sandy beaches and colorful bathhouses
- Houseboat holiday with dog in Alsace
- Atlantic Coast France with cool surfer locations like Biarritz, Hossegor and Capbreton
- Road trip through the picturesque Harz
- Aalborg , the fourth largest city in Denmark with Viking tombs, colorful houses and cinnamon buns
- Morocco and Andalusia : soak up the sun in autumn
The categories of the photo-parade 2019
- Cityscape or landscape
- Animal or plant
- Mountains or sea
- Foreign or domestic
- Sunrise or sunset
- Black-white or colorful
- My best travel photo 2019
1) Travel photos 2019: cityscape or landscape
My heart beats for city trips .
Even if I can now imagine living with Carsten and Buddy in the countryside, I love big, lively cities with many highlights, cafes and restaurants. It is especially nice if the city is located on the river or the sea. Then you get cityscape plus landscape.
One of my favorite cities is therefore Lisbon (see photo). I was last in the Portuguese capital in January 2019. For me it is a great destination to escape the cold and experience the sun.
My trip from Lisbon to Sintra was also worthwhile. In the city you will find fairytale castles, enchanted fountains and dream gardens.
Here are my articles :
Packing list City trip for your short break
Lisbon Attractions : The Top 7 Highlights
Lisbon in winter : sights, tips pictures
Lisbon tips Food : vegan, vegetarian, yummy
Sintra Day Trip from Lisbon: Tips on Tour, Castle Fountain
2) Travel photos 2019: animal or plant
As much as I like palm trees or orange trees, I still prefer animals. I grew up with cats, Carsten had a dog as a child.
After we finally moved to Mönchengladbach (Rhineland) in October 2017, the desire for a dog became stronger and stronger. But if that was consistent with my many trips?
It works well! Especially because I work most of the time in the home office . The trips we do with three or I am traveling alone or with a girlfriend. Then Carsten either takes a vacation or a dog sitter takes care of Buddy.
By the way, in this article you will find for your dog holiday the 15 most beautiful travel destinations with dog , of six other bloggers and me.
The photo was taken during a holiday with a dog by the sea. We have been to Kolberg on the Polish Baltic Sea many times. What makes it perfect for traveling with a dog? Long beaches (including two dog beaches), many forests, dog-friendly locals, cafes and restaurants. Since we were there last in February 2019 and whistled on the beach an icy wind, Buddy (who has little fur on his stomach and freezes slightly) wore his dog coat.
Incidentally, was also the houseboat holiday with a dog in Alsace, France.
You can find more items in the category Holiday with Dog .
3) Travel photos 2019: mountains or sea
Snow-capped mountains are something special and I love the hearty alpine cuisine. But my first trips as a child led to France to the sea. And since then I'm happiest by the sea .
One of my paid blogger trips took me to Sweden this year. Skane in southern Sweden surprised me with this beach, as I would have expected it only in the Caribbean: white sand, turquoise sea and colorful bathhouses.
4) Travel photos 2019: Foreign or local
Recently, I have increasingly explored Germany and Europe.
Since Buddy came to us in June 2018, he has turned our lives upside down. We can not fly with our big dog, for train and bus he is too fastidious. So we are three in the car on the road, so we have also bought a van .
One of my best trips this year went to Morocco and Andalusia with Katharina (Blog So close and so far ). By train and bus we traveled through North Africa and southern Spain. We took the ferry across the Strait of Gibraltar.
In October we experienced temperatures up to 32 degrees, palm trees, great beaches, colorful patterns and colors as well as delicious vegetarian food.
I took the picture in the Royal Palace Alcazar Sevilla . The palace is still used today by the Spanish royal family, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and was one of the locations of Game of Thrones.
5) Travel photos 2019: sunrise or sunset
I am not an early bird at all, but rather a night owl. So I always prefer the sunset.
I experienced this one here on the Atlantic coast of France . There I arrived at the beach just in time to see the sun go down and everything in a warm light. And would not you like to spend the night in the little house on the cliff?
6) Travel photos 2019: black and white or colorful
A dream for me was therefore Morocco and Andalusia, where the Moors left their mark.
But also the paid blogger trip to Aalborg in Denmark was great for that! The fourth largest city in Denmark inspired me with Viking tombs, these colorful houses, modern architecture and cinnamon buns.
7) My best travel photo 2019
Incidentally, my first trips are already fixed in 2020 , Sweden is also there:
- January : Thailand and Singapore
- March : Tel Aviv in Israel
- June : Greek Islands
- July : Biggest US classic car meeting in the world "Power Big Meet" in Sweden
- October : expected road trip through California
To the photo parade
You would like to get more inspiration for your vacation through great travel photos? Then take a look at the photo parade 2019 of Explore the World .
Where did your best travel photos in 2019 come from?
Newsletter Social Media
You want to be informed about new blog posts? Then subscribe to Travel on Toast by newsletter . Once a month, you will receive inspiration, insider tips and hints on competitions. Follow me on Instagram , Facebook or Pinterest . Here you can find out more about me .
Latest articles by Anja Beckmann ( view all )
- Christmas Market Cologne 2019: Tips for the Top 6 Christmas Markets - 27th November 2019
- Travel Gifts: The 30 Best Gift Ideas - 21st November 2019
- Vegetarian and vegan travel: Beautiful holiday destinations and hotels - 16 November 2019