Since my one-year trip around the world, I am a master of easy travel. Mostly I only fly with hand luggage, my small suitcase weighs less than eight kilos. So I travel to destinations like Bali, Thailand or Australia. I'll tell you some packing tips and have a packing list long-distance travel to print and check off for you. So you will not forget anything on your next trip!
This article contains referral links. If you buy something through these links, I will get a small commission. You pay the normal price, it does not cost you anything extra.
Inspiration for travel destinations - for example for the Asia vacation
You still need ideas, where the long-distance journey should go and for the plane? Then maybe these articles will help you:
17 long-haul flights Tips Tricks for relaxed air travel
Travel Gifts : The 30 Most Beautiful Gift Ideas
Marrakech Tips (Morocco): 7 Highlights 1 Warning
The first time to Thailand : 18 tips where to travel
Bali insider tips of a local
Singapore Highlights : The 10 most beautiful sights
Tokyo Tips Attractions for your Japan trip
Australia , East Coast: 7 highlights from Melbourne via Sydney to Cairns
All articles in the travel blog on the topic of long-distance travel
My travel style
- Mostly I travel 10 to 14 days on long-distance journeys .
- Preferred destinations are warm countries , because I need less clothing.
- The least clothes I need for the beach vacation .
- In contrast, it can be on city breaks z. B. in restaurants ever chic.
- I like to travel comfortably, use hotels instead of hostels and am traveling with a suitcase instead of a backpack.
- Since we have no children , the luggage is eliminated.
- I love water sports , lend me snorkel, fins Co. but always on site.
- I'm not an outdoor fan . Hiking boots and pants are therefore not in the luggage.
General packing tips for long-distance travel
- Usually I only go with hand luggage on the journey.
- So I do not need to check in a suitcase at the airport and do not have to wait for my luggage after landing . At the airport I go - if I have checked in advance online - directly through to the security check .
- Passport, visa (if required) and credit card are the most important thing . You can buy missing things otherwise.
- In my carry-on luggage, I always carry camera, smartphone, possibly notebook and tablet with me. Everything that is sensitive and could break. Of course, the right charging cable .
- So far my suitcase was lost only once during a flight. It took me three days to get it back. Stupid that, among other things, the charging cable for the camera was in the suitcase. Since then, I've been looking at travel documents and technology that I have everything in my hand luggage.
- Leave everything superfluous. I quickly realized that as a city and beach fan I do not need outdoor clothing.
- Also, I noticed at some point that I wear mostly my favorite clothes when traveling. Why take something else with you? I always leave on site in the hotel wash .
- Before the trip, I search for the destination: Information on visa, dangers, etc. about the Foreign Office , the local time on the world clock , the current temperature on the weather app of my smartphone and the conversion rate on www.xe.com .
Packing list long-distance travel: hand luggage on long-haul flights
- Most of the time, you can take a piece of hand luggage and a personal item, such as a purse, into the aircraft cabin . This is dependent on z. B. from the airline and booking class.
- The maximum dimensions for the hand luggage suitcase? Often it's 55 x 40 x 20 centimeters , check with your airline.
- As well as the maximum weight of the carry-on suitcase. That is often 7 to 10 kilos.
- By the way, more and more airlines are checking their hand luggage in advance and weighing it. This can be expensive if you exceed the specifications!
- Liquids such as toothpaste, shampoo, creams, deodorant or perfume may be carried in hand luggage only in containers up to a maximum of 100 ml. I use products in travel sizes, available eg. B. at Bol.com or in drugstores.
- The individual products must be packed in a transparent, resealable plastic bag with a maximum size of 1 liter . The plastic bags you get about at the airports.
- I've seen at the security checkpoint how people got in trouble with two plastic bags or too big a bag.
- I always pack the plastic bag at the top so that I can get there quickly.
- More information can be found in my article long-haul flight made easy . This is a comprehensive guide with 17 tips and tricks for long-haul flights.
Packing list long-distance travel (10 - 14 days)
1) Suitcases, hand luggage Co.
- or (all product links in the article lead to Bol.com)
- photo backpack
- Possibly. for my MacBook Air. If I take the notebook bag with me, I check in my suitcase.
- made of fabric, which can be folded up small
2) Documents means of payment
- Travel documents
- Passport with passport Neck pillow for comfortable sleeping on the flight
- ear plugs for pressure equalization and ear pain
- Travel guide to prepare for my destination
- Ballpoint pen for the entry forms
4) Technology like camera and tablet
- mit Kopfhörern: für E-Mails, Fotos, Social Media, zum Artikelschreiben in der Notizfunktion, für Musik, als Wecker, Taschenrechner und Taschenlampe
- Possibly. zum Arbeiten Kindle Kindle
I use my tablet for books on the Skoobe and Kindle apps as well as movies / series on Netflix and Bol.com Prime.
- charge cable
5) Comfortable travel clothes
- Flip flops
- 2 long shorts
- 5 Cardigan (for the layered look on the plane and for cool evenings)
- 2 Sarong - to use as a beach sheet, bath towel or skirt
- Foldable sun hat
- Jacket - light, warm, waterproof and windproof
6) Toiletry bag (packing list long-distance travel)
- elektrische Zahnbürste mit Reise-Etui Toothbrush plus electric toothbrush with travel case
- face cream
- Makeup stuff
7) First Aid Kit (Packing List Long Distance Travel)
- Remedy for travel sickness
- Remedy for diarrhea
- suntan lotion
- Instagram , Facebook or Pinterest . Here you can find out more about me .
Packing list Remember long-distance travel on PinterestThe following two tabs change content below.bei Travel on Toast Travel blogger on Travel on ToastAfter one year trip around the world, I am now a full-time travel blogger. My friend Carsten and I like to spend my holidays with dog Buddy. Whether near or far, city breaks, road trips or veggie food - in the blog you will find travel tips, travel reports and real insider tips. I'll take you live via Instagram Stories.
Latest articles by Anja Beckmann ( view all )
- Christmas Market Cologne 2019: Tips for the Top 6 Christmas Markets - 27th November 2019
- Travel Gifts: The 30 Best Gift Ideas - 21st November 2019
- Vegetarian and vegan travel: Beautiful holiday destinations and hotels - 16 November 2019